LEVEL 2 RESTRICTIONS TO CONTINUE AT CHESHIRE HOME SUMMERSTRAND
We went into consultation with Head Office, Finance Committee, and our Board of Management to establish what rules would be applicable to our Home, taking into account our actual living environment. These rules were agreed upon:
- Residents still not allowed out of the Home unless for medical appointments
- Staff and Residents are still to wear masks and carry sanitizer with them at all times
- Supervised and pre-arranged visits are allowed in the quiet room – under the following rules:
- Only 2 visitors per resident
- An hour allowed
- Food allowed to be brought in
- By appointment only
- No physical contact – social distancing
- Supervised – and on Mondays to Fridays only between 8am – 4pm
- Sanitizer and masks to be used
- No visitors allowed down the passages and in bedrooms
- Hair stylist to visit the home – no residents may go to restaurants or salons
- Activities will be slowly introduced as of 1 October such as Gavel Club, Disability Golf, Arts & Crafts
- The charity shops will be open to the public on Thursdays & Fridays only as of 1 October
WELCOME TO OUR CHARITY SHOPS:
Our shops are OPEN TO THE PUBLIC!!!
THURSDAYS & FRIDAYS ONLY!!!
NO MASK NO ENTRY!
CLOTHES GALORE & WOT NOT SHOP
We gladly accept donations of unwanted items, pre-loved clothes, linen & any household items.
WE WILL COLLECT OR YOU ARE WELCOME TO DELIVER!
MONDAY – FRIDAY 10 – 2PM
PLEASE CONTACT THE HOME ON
041 583 2183 for more info!
From the Manager's Desk...
I’m pretty sure the mundane task of doing housework was a challenge to many over the past 6 months – however with most challenges there are always opportunities.
Decluttering your space is one of the few advantages that Covid-19 lockdown has presented us – and this was evident in the number of donations that streamed in, on a daily basis, to our Home. With these donations, and the kind hands of our volunteers, we were able to stock up our shops in preparation for re-opening on 1 October!
“No such thing as a life that's better than yours…(love yours)”
My daughter informed me about a modern rap song called “Love Yourz”, with the above lyrics. The lyrics of this song amount to loving and appreciating what we have, and not yearning or being envious of what others have. Love yours.
While cleaning windows – be grateful you have a home. When doing the ironing – be grateful that you have clothes on your back. When washing the car – please appreciate that you have a vehicle at your disposal. A flushing toilet is a privilege. Take stock of what you have when cleaning your house – and reflect on how each item has blessed your life. Then go ahead and declutter – if the item no longer serves a purpose – consider re-gifting it to our Cheshire Home Summerstrand charity shops…it could bring much joy to others around you, or much needed relief to others.
Please consider donating your unwanted books to our Home for our upcoming Book Barn which is due to open in October. Watch this space!
Sadly, we will not be hosting a 300 Club event this year, however the draws will still take place. Winners will be contacted directly, and names published on our Facebook page and in this newsletter. Hold thumbs.
A special word of mention to the Motorbike clubs who have supported our home on several occasions during lockdown. Rei – you are a star! You have touched our lives in such a special way.
”Find the right people to work with and you can’t go wrong.” Richard Branson
And in closing – Richard Branson sums up our Home and the people who give so much to uplifting the lives of our residents. Bless you all.