Cheshire Home Summerstrand Health and Safety Plan of Action amid COVID-19 pandemic:
- Activities have sadly been cancelled at the Home until further notice.
- The Charity Shops are closed until after lockdown. Should we need to close for longer, this will be communicated. Donations still welcome after lockdown period.
- Sanitizers around the home for staff and residents.
- No visitors allowed during lockdown period.
- Staff making use of gloves (as usual) and been addressed regarding the frequent changing of gloves and aprons. Monitoring constant.
- To protect the residents, staff and volunteers’ safety and health, we ask that you respect NO visitations until further notice. If you have travelled abroad, please refrain from visiting our home until you have been cleared by a medical doctor.
- No volunteer students allowed in the Home until after lockdown.
- Residents and staff to report immediate feelings of ill health to our Sister Laura.
- Wheelchair handles to be sanitized and cleaned regularly.
- Regular updates to be shared with residents re the spread, medical updates, outbreaks in PE and findings.
- Hand sanitizers have been purchased and distributed, soaps in all rooms.
- Importance of handlebars of wheelchair sanitization stressed.
- Khaya Cheshire closed until further notice.
- Corona virus (COVID – 19) hotline number placed in staff rooms and at entrance : 0800 029 999
WELCOME TO OUR CHARITY SHOPS:
Our shops are currently closed until further notice.
We thank all our dedicated shop volunteers for all their hard work and wish them a safe lockdown period at home.
CLOTHES GALORE & WOT NOT SHOP
We gladly accept donations of unwanted items, pre-loved clothes, linen & any household items AND WILL COLLECT OR YOU ARE WELCOME TO DELIVER BY PRIOR ARRANGEMENT.
MONDAY – FRIDAY 10 – 2PM
PLEASE CONTACT THE HOME ON
041 583 2183 for more info!
From the Manager's Desk...
This pandemic has been relatively tough for residents and families of our Home. Our residents have not been able to spend time with their families which is heart breaking. We have allowed ‘drive by’ visits, without any physical contact and with necessary precautions. But that hug and physical contact is sometimes the reassurance that is needed, we all need it from time to time.
As much as we would love to reunite our residents with their family and give out big bear hugs to volunteers and friends, we have elected to ‘rather be safe than sorry’. We are going to continue to operate cautiously. We are guided by many sources and will communicate with you when we plan to open our shops, commence with fundraising and start allowing controlled visits. For now, we ask that you respect our decision to keep our home under lock and key, until such time we feel it safer to open up.
I would like to use the opportunity to thank our staff and Board for their tremendous support during Lockdown. Thank you to Sister Laura for her leadership in the care department, and for taking special care of our residents.
To all those who attend our monthly lunches – we are thinking about you, and trust you are keeping safe and well. We honestly miss all your smiles and love.
We cannot currently generate revenue, so any donations during this time are most welcome. Our fete would have been this weekend…
We always have a wish list, so if you would like to find out how to support our home, please contact us, and we will happily advise where we need support.
With love and fondness,
Annual Fete 2020
PLEASE DIARIZE AND KEEP US IN YOUR THOUGHTS!
POST LOCKDOWN FETE!!!
CHESHIRE HOME SUMMERSTRAND’S ANNUAL FETE
is scheduled for Saturday 28 NOVEMBER at Cheshire Home Summerstrand
We firstly thank you for the generous support you have given Cheshire Home Summerstrand over a number of years through our Fete - you have been a wonderful friend to the Home.
The importance of a successful fete is essential for the Home as fundraising continues to be difficult. We so plan to have a bumper fete for the direct benefit of our 57 profoundly disabled residents and 23 disabled children at Khaya Cheshire.
We kindly ask for your support again and a formal appeal to follow shortly!
As a registered PBO, we are able to provide an 18 A receipt for any donation (financial) received and this allows for tax benefit for the donation. Please feel free to request such a receipt for your donation.